Votrech pumps

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by artur, Jun 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Hi. I have a 125 mixed reef tank. As a return I use MAG12 and 4 Koralias for circulation. I really getting tired of Koralias. Every 4,5 months one will fail <stop working, after shaking starts in reverse or not at all> Im saving money and really want to try Vortech pumps. They are so expensive but worth the money as most say. Do you think 2-MP10 would be enough or I have to buy MP40? A lot more money.... Please let me know what you think, maybe you have some experience with them. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

Mp40 would be your best bet.

4. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

But if MP40 do I still need 2 of those? I was hoping 2-MP10 or 1-MP40...

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

6. N00ZE

N00ZE Eyelash Blennie

2- MP10's would be like pushing water with two wooden spoons in a 125G two Mp40's is what you will need.

7. Ducncover

Ducncover Skunk Shrimp

My breaking point with Koralia was on Tuesday myself. Carefully tried taking the cover off my 750 for cleaning and the side tab snapped off, unit is 6 months old.. Same thing happened on my 1050 when it was 3 months old.... LFS gave me a cover for the 1050 no charge and i glued the 750 screen in place. Also the 750 almost always starts in reverse when unplugged,.... Needless to say I made the plunge on wed and ordered 2 mp10 wireless and should be here Monday.
    wouldn't 2 mp10's be better then 1 mp40 assuming that the glass isn't too thick? I know the gph wouldn't be as high with mp10s but I always thought more movement (2 pumps bouncing off eachother) would be better then 1 direction and more flow?

8. Click Here!

9. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

The Koralia's have a new design and improved design that just came out. may want to give them one last chance.

10. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Yea, I feel you.I will not buy Koralias anymore...Thats what I thought 2-MP10 or 1-MP40 but as other say it looks like for 125 6' tank I should have 2-MP40:cry: I can start with one MP40 and try to save money for second one...

11. artur

artur Fire Shrimp

Money is the issue so maybe I will buy 1-MP40 for one side and still keep 2 Koralias on other...

12. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

I use one MP-40 on one side, and my other two powerheads on the other side... tank does just fine for flow. Granted, I'm in a 90.