ViaAqua Poly Reactor Multi Media Reactor PR 20/20

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Katie Grant, Sep 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Katie Grant

Katie Grant Aiptasia Anemone

I wAS all excited that it finally came in the mail today, but getting really aggervated because none of the parts look like what they do on the box, and cant figure out how to put the stupid thing together. anyone have one that can help me??

2. Click Here!

3. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Take some pics of all the parts neatly spread out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

It really isn't that hard to do but I will admit when its in pieces it is a little confusing. Here is a bigger picture of it which might help and here is a link to a video where they out part of it together..

[​IMG]

Last but not least it the instructions on Foster and smith on how to use it.
    If you still do not understand post some pictures of the parts you do not understand.

Installation Instructions
    1.Choose a desired location for the ViaAqua Poly-Reactor.
    2.Connect the intake tube to the middle barbed fitting of the ViaAqua Poly-Reactor. Secure the tube to the lock nut.
    3.Connect a small piece of tubing from the bottom of the intake tube to the water pump.
    4.Connect the output tube to the output barbed fitting of the ViaAqua Poly-Reactor. Secure the tube to the lock nut.
    5.Connect the Sediment Discharge Filter to the end of the output tubing.
    6.Remove the lid by twisting counterclockwise.
    7.Add desired media to the reaction chamber: Phosphate resin, activated carbon, and other resin filtering media. Follow manufacturing guidelines for media requirements for a given aquarium size, flow rates and precautions.
    8.Place media sponges and media strainers below and above desired media.
    9.Place the lid back by twisting clockwise.
    10.Plug the water pump into a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) outlet.
    Maintenance

1.Routine maintenance is required to ensure the maximum performance and longevity of the ViaAqua water pump.
    2.For proper operation of the water pump: Clean the pump, impeller, and intake strainers every three weeks. Failure to do so will cause premature failure of the pump.
    3.Basic Maintenance of the ViaAqua water pump.
    a.Disconnect the water pump from the power supply prior to removing the pump from the aquarium.
    b.Remove either the pre-filter or intake filter strainer. Rinse out pre-filter sponge of all debris.
    c.Remove the impeller cover.
    d.Once the impeller cover is removed, slide both the impeller and shaft out of the main body of the pump and clean well. Do not use any soap or detergents during cleaning.
    e.After the impeller and shaft are cleaned, use a small brush to clean inside of the motor housing.
    f.Reassemble part and your ViaAqua water pump is ready to use. Make sure the bushing is reassembled properly. Failure to do so will cause permanent damage to the pump.
    General Information
    ViaAqua Poly-Reactor is built with high quality acrylic and an easy-to-remove lid with a recessed o-ring. The reverse water flow design eliminates water channeling through the filter media thus efficiently utilizing filtering media. ViaAqua Poly-Reactor comes with a pump and necessary plumbing parts. The ViaAqua Poly-Reactor is designed to be installed either in-sump or hang-on-tank. This versatile filter can be used for a number of different applications: Phosphate resins, phosphate sponge, activated carbon, nitrate sponge, and other resin filtering media.

5. Katie Grant

Here are the pieces I got.

[​IMG]

What is this?

[​IMG]

The piece circled in orange, doesnt fit on the plastic tubing, way to small.
    [​IMG]

This piece which almost looks clear on the box, is almost solid black, on the box it looks bendable almost like tubing. but this is hard plastic. doesnt fit on top

[​IMG]

6. Katie Grant

My box.

[​IMG]

This is the picture stated earlier, almost looks like they cut the tubing to connect the black cane looking thing to the top???

[​IMG]

7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Is the piece circled in blue an adaptor that makes the piece circled in orange (strainer) fit onto the end of the black tube?

Will the clear flexible tube fit over the black rigid tube and be a very tight fit?
    if so cutting an inch or 2 to act as an adaptor between the top of the reactor and the fixed tube should work

and I hope you clean those felt tip pen marks of the carpet ? LOL?

8. Click Here!

9. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

hahah u gonna be around tmrw? bring it over.....or i can come over and help lmk

10. Katie Grant

i figured it out. thanks everyone!