Very Sick Ocellaris Please Help

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dtippetts, Nov 30, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dtippetts

dtippetts Astrea Snail

OK heres the deal i bought a mated pair of Ocellaris Clowns about a week and a half ago the male is fine but the female is going through all kinds of problems. All of my water parimeters are fine sorry i didnt quarantine many due to the fact that the store I got them from is the Only one i go to ,all of my stuff comes from the water, coral, ect...... And i observed this pair for roughly 2 weeks. I have done a fresh water dip on both of them due to the signs of white spots, now she appears to have fin rot. Heres a pic Please Help..... Oh yeah I dont currently have a QT tank but will be getting one Friday.....any input would be great

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

fin rot may set in, but that is physical damage caused by something. keep it quarentined, Iwould dose it to treat the parasites first as it is not fin rot. What elese do you have in the tank? how big is your tank, and how big are your clowns? The answers to these questions will help out.

4. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Are you still seeing signs of white spots? I would treat for them first. This dosn't look like fin rot it looks like something took a chunk of his tail. Fin rot affects all of their fins. I would Identify the white things and treat that. If you notice signs of infection on the tail use some melafix. I wouldn't suggest combining meds thats why I say white spots first.