Very confused

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Cutch, Jan 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Based on the tone of the OP, I get the impression the DIY route may not be for you.

2 Sols or 2 Radions would cover a 75. There's nothing wrong with the Radions by any means; not sure what that comment was all about.

If your budget conscious and a DIY seems a bit much for you, do 2 Sols w/ the AI controller and be done. It won't be that much more pricey and you won't have to do a thing besides install them. :)

2. Click Here!

3. Cutch

Cutch Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Will 2 sols do it? I thought I would need 3 or 4. I have a canopy and I am limited on how high I can raise them. You are right I am a bit reluctant about DIY
    LEDs.

4. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

You may be reluctant to go the diy route but dont let it scare you off. I am currently building a diy LED fixture. You can check out my thread. I am doing my best to have step by step instructions on how to do it. I will be incorporating videos into my build I just dont have any up yet. Feel free to ask any quesitons you may have. Evolved is very knowledgable when it comes to LEDs. I think Cosmo is building his own LEDs and Biocube has built his own. A wealth of information on here.

5. Cutch

Cutch Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thank you Ryland, I am watching your thread closely.

6. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Yes, 2 sols should cover you. Each one is good for about 24".

1 person likes this.
  7. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

2 Sols will definitely cover a 75. I did have AI Sol Blue modules, and found them to be lacking in certain color spectrum. I have since moved to EcoTech Radion and the lacking spectrum have been covered with the addition of the Red/Green diodes. I will be adding some UV (420nm) supplementation to it as this is the only thing it lacks to my eye. I have done DIY modules as well. They are not difficult, and can result in a product that is just as functional as either the AI or the Radion...and probably for less money too.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Everything I have heard about the Radion was positive. Strange comment.

I did a DIY and even with soldering it was a piece of cake. Love the look!

p.s. get dimmable and whatever you get, get UVs with it!