Venturi Design

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Siddique, Dec 4, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone had a pensil design or web link for a venturi submersable. I need a lebeled diagram and I'm also lookin for a chart (Bar Graph or Pie Chart) demonstrating the efficiency of a venturi compared to a standard submersable... Thanks;D

2. Click Here!

3. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hello, your asking for a lot of stuff that you cant really plug out of a website, could we know more info on what exactly you looking for? BAR GRAPH?? Is this some sort of presentation or science project?
    Let us know, and we will do our best to help!

4. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

Are you looking at building or buying an in-sump skimmer? I think some information about the application would be useful in finding the data you need.

On a side note, I have lots of family in Trinidad! Hope things are well over there.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

A venturi is just a mono flow injector in its self. All it does is to a pressurized Gas or liquid and squeezes or compresses the substance through a a smaller opening then when it passes through the opening the substance expands and creates a little Vacuum as the substance ie. air/water expands and this Vacuum creates a low pressure area.. And this is used to induct air or liquid depending on what you want to induct into the primary substance with the venturi jet.. I'm not sure what a venturi submersible is ?

If its an exploded diagram of a venturi design you want to see then I can made get on scanned and posted for you ?