Ventilation

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by troythegreat, Jul 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. troythegreat

troythegreat Astrea Snail

i was wondering
    I have a small room that is totally sealed (i.e. cooled by an Air conditioner). Does anyone know if the air conditioning unit will provide enough ventilation to prevent pH instability??,

Regards

2. Click Here!

3. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

It should. Climate control via air conditioners accomplish many things. Moving air, maintaining a desireable temperature, removing moisture from air, preventing different temperature zones (stratification), and ventilation--importing outside air when necessary to maintain the normal ratio of oxygen to CO2.

As long as your AC is working properly you should be fine.

1 person likes this.
  4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

To add to what Mr. Sparky said, there are two other factors that will affect your ph level. Co2 and No3. The number of ppl that live inside your house will also affect your Co2 levels. Living in Miami, my house is closed up all yr round with 5 ppl. Before I started to semi-open a window by the tank, my ph would never pass 7.9 I become aware of this after returning from a vacation one time. While we where in the house, my ph was normally 7.7-7.9. After a week from vacation, I came home to find that my ph was 8.36. No3(Nitrate) will also affect your ph. Hope this has helped.

Luna