Usmc's 120gal reef tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by usmc121581, Jan 22, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

This is my 120gal. I just recently moved it from SC to MD which I never want to do again. Now that I work in a LFS I seem to add a new SPS every week. When the frags get bigger I want to start fragging but not sure if Im that good yet. This is the most recent one as the tank as more SPS and Zoo's now. Will post better pic later.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Looks awesome, once again, The Island look, its the best!!!
    LOOK BIRCHELL!!!!

4. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

Thanks,I will admit my wife wanted it so she stocked the rocks. She wanted Zoos to so I figured one side zoo's and one side all SPS.

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

LOL, it does look like my tank!! I love the island look the more I see it. I was thinking of softie/lps side, and one xenia dominated side, lol. I was thinking of doing like you with corals between the islands, like a big brain, or some plate corals. Keep the pics commin, I like watching tanks progress!!

Michael

6. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

Thanks its hard to tell I also have a xenia farm in the back left but I'll take better pic and you can see it.

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

:hehe:, I know xenia are like a weed, but they are cool in there own special way. I just love watching all the heads pulse. It is relaxing...

8. Click Here!

9. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

oh, any thoughts of what kinda fish your gonna stock?? Mine just finished cycling, so im looking for all kinds of input. Plus your tank is only 20 gallon more than mine, so bio-loads will be simular. Thanks.

Michael

10. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

:laughings I thought I was the only one that did that.

11. milesm4

milesm4 Spaghetti Worm

Nice tank I like that you have some chromis in there, I think they are one of the best that's out there.

12. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

i agree, i just finished adding a small lawnmower blenny, 2 blue chromises, and a giantic yellow tang. I am not sure that adding the yellow tang was a smart move YET, very aggressive and might not let me introduce any other tangs, but it was beutiful.its like 5-6 inches long.