UPGRADED! AquaMaxx HOB-1 Protein Skimmer

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Dec 12, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

You know those cool, coke bottle-shaped conical diffusers on the bubble plate of the ConeS protein skimmer line?

AquaMaxx just upgraded the HOB-1 with the same style plus redesigned the hang-on bracket AND increased the size of the collection cup!

Best of all, they're now IN STOCK—while supplies last, anyway. Here are some photos we shot of the new skimmer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

I have a aqua remora on my tank now and have been looking at this skimmer for a while now I might just make the change now. Thank you very much for the info :)

4. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

I have an aquamaxx hob-1 now I wonder if the new upgrades can be applied to an existing unit

5. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

6. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

You are very welcome! It's actually 10% off until midnight Monday with coupon code SELLATHON

We haven't tried this ourselves since we don't have spare parts available, but we believe the bubble plate and larger collection cup could be used on the old design—the hanging bracket would be a no, though. If we get a lot of requests from hobbyists to upgrade their old HOB-1's, we may hit up AquaMaxx to see if they can make the parts available to us.