Upgrade from T5's

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by pja24, Feb 27, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

Have a 120 aga 4x2x2 with 8 bulb t5's. Looking to upgrade to LEDs. I was thinking of the controllable fixtures(2). I would like for it to be controllable with my reefkeeper elite. Is there any fixture that's can be customized to allow controlling from my reefkeeper? Also keeping softies,lps,sps. If not which fixtures and optics? I have about 12 inch high hood.

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I have the same exact tank as you and I have the 32" fixture. I get great coverage but I'm not running any optics. Honestly, you really don't need to control the fixture with the reefkeeper because they have a built in timer and you can set the intensity in 30 minute increments giving a very nice sunrise, sunset effect.

4. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

Is it able to do moonlights? I was thinking two because of the center brace.

5. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Yes, it can do moonlights. The middle moonlight is the only thing really blocked by the brace. If you ahve mostly sps, then 2 16s would be the better option.

6. pja24

pja24 Bristle Worm

Sounds good. Thanks for the response..