Update

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by ScooterGuitar, Dec 9, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ScooterGuitar

ScooterGuitar Astrea Snail

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your advice, support, knowledge,a nd overall coolness ;D
    No pics yet, but here is my rundown...
    2o gallon regular converted to refuge. Put the refugium covering the entire front. Water from tank into wet/dry (heavy fish load) this area will share a space with a skimmer (should be in today). Yes, I know skimmer should come first, but with what I have to work with, this is the only option I could come up with. Should flow (will be ready to set up tonight!) over into the front refugium area 4" x 24". I also put 7 holes near the bottom of this baffle to help circulate water down there. Then it should flow back into the sump area. In logic, this should work! We'll see!
    Ok, this was a MESSY job! Before I finally got the hang of the aqua sealant, I made such a mess, so the edges are not neat and there is plenty of goop! Oh well, as long as it works. Then I needed another tube, Wal Mart was the only open, got that and the dang tube busted open on me, all over, DOH! >:(
    I got a 6 pd. jar of the BioSediment, figured no one on here has tried it that I have found, so I will be a guinea pig/fish and let everyone know after its been awhile. ::)
    Going to also use a few cups of live sand int he refuge from different sources, figure this can be added along the way. I may know someone who can give me a little of their Miracle Mud, if so gonna throw that into the fire as well!
    Got plenty of live rock rubble from all over the world and different sources, should have some good coralines growing after awhile, as I have about 5 different types of lr. Hopefully the corraline will carry over into the main tank.
    Got me one really big mangrove pod/shoot (anyone know if these grow well, do they split into more plants?), some caulpera, chaeto and another macro which looks just like chaeto but is reddish, very cool! Anyone know what this could be? The main guy wasn't in, so some kid helped me last night.
    So, I will post when its up and running, let you know how that went, then along the way as things progress!
    Thanks again, luv yer guts :-*

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

The red macro might be red gracileria