Update on experience with New Life Spectrum food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by wkbrdr1661, Oct 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wkbrdr1661

wkbrdr1661 Purple Spiny Lobster

I have been feeding subject food for about 8 weeks now, pretty much exclusively with the exception of adding frozen mysis until my trigger started taking the pellets. Which took about a week...

My fish have really gotten noticeably healthier - and its nice not to have to think about all kinds of different foods to feed. I feed reef chili once or twice a week for corals

I got a compliment on my yellow tang which made me realize i should just throw this up about the food. He really is beautiful, especially when he puts his sails up.

When i got him he wasn't that bright, and kinda orangy. I tried feeding newlife spectrum foods marine formula from bulk reef supply and now he is bright bright yellow.

...This is starting to sound like an ad.. haha

I feed this food and mysis shrimp once or twice a week for the fish. Coloring on all of my fish has greatly improved just as they promised http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Fish-And-Coral-Food-New-Life-Spectrum-fish-food/c56_116/p704/MARINE-FORMULA-1MM-150g/product_info.html

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

i use that stuff daily! my fish love it... with exception to the firefish, mandarin and banggi. It also seems to keep my fish bright as well.

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

i have heard nothing but good about this food! Hows the goby and has the clown tang killed anything yet?

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

It's the only SW pellet we have redily available in Trinidad. I've been using it ever since I started my first SW tank and I love it. I've also used it to condition FW bettas for breeding.

6. wkbrdr1661

wkbrdr1661 Purple Spiny Lobster

My purple firefish loves it!

OC1- The trig is still pretty docile. I figure he will go for the smallest fish first which is the damsel. So when/if that disappears, ill figure something else out.

I like him enough to keep walking on the wild side though.

....time will tell

7. cooter181

cooter181 Astrea Snail

I switched from Formula 1 to New Life Spectrum and couldn't be happier! Fish definitely color up well and seem healthier than with the Formula 1. I also feed Mysis a couple times a week because my Sixline and PBT love em! I too have heard nothing but great things about it as well, kinda why I tried it. :)

8. Click Here!

9. reef4girl

reef4girl Feather Duster

My clowns and midas blenny go crazy for this food and there color is brilliant! Ive been using it for 10 months.

10. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I use the small pellets for finicky eaters and my fish love it. Even the leopard wrasse takes it.