update of fish room

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by seawillow, Jul 13, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

Just a quick update of my basement fish room.....thanks for the ventilation idea guys...it was definately needed even with a dehumidifier running. With all that water running around down there, and especially now with the 45 FOWLR set up it's making a big difference. All we did was put in a dryer vent to the outside with a fan mounted in front of it...so far it's working great. It's so nice to get out the cheap way ;D Also, got my RO/DI moved over so it's no more lugging buckets.... ;)

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. seawillow

Here's the RO/DI all set up...yeah!

Attached Files:

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Very nice seawillow! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Again.. I'm sooooo jealous! ;D

5. seawillow

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Very nice seawillow You Have me thinking now I have a cellar I have a 55gal tank and a 10gal tank in my garage doing nothing but collecting dust I could take my refugium and wet dry out of my stand and move everything to the cellar [smiley=idea.gif] [smiley=idea.gif] [smiley=idea.gif] [smiley=idea.gif] ;) ;D

If you don't mind maybe I'll see how everything turns out for you and then rob some of your ideas ;) :D ;D [smiley=devil1.gif] [smiley=hehe.gif]............ John

7. seawillow

Hey John...feel free to steal my ideas as that is what I did. A reef friend had his plumbing in his basement and I really loved the idea. Of course I went a little more elaborate than he did.....The most amazing part though is that the whole thing worked out as planned. I had my doubts a couple of times as we hit a couple of snafus, but when everything got running in sync it was truly amazing! I like to just stand and watch the water flow.....silly, huh? ::) I spent this evening getting the wet/dry filter up and running for the 45 FOWLR...of course that tank is still cycling so the FO part of it hasn't come to pass. Ahhhh, almost time to stock that tank!!! Always a reson to spend $$ ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=seawillow link=board=General;num=1089748093;start=0#5 date=07/13/04 at 18:56:03] I like to just stand and watch the water flow.....silly, huh?[/quote]

Sounds like me!

10. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=General;num=1089748093;start=0#6 date=07/13/04 at 21:35:53]

I like to just stand and watch the water flow.....silly, huh?

Sounds like me!

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA No comment

John

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Seawillow do you have any pictures of how you ran the plumbing from the tank to the cellar and back? and what size pump did you have to use to push the water back up to the tank? That's a lot of head :-[ ;) ;D Pardon me LOL :-[

[quote author=JohnO link=board=General;num=1089748093;start=0#7 date=07/14/04 at 00:49:55]

I like to just stand and watch the water flow.....silly, huh?

HAHAHAHAHA  No comment

John
    [/quote]
    John LOL I got ya LOL the more I drink the more I do the same thing LOL ;D

12. seawillow

ohhhh..I don't know what I'm gonna do with you guys!!! ::) ;D Anyways...on a serious note..the pump I have is a Sedra with a 23 foot head (I know..that's alot of head :eek:) It pumps 2000 gal. per hour. That was one of the problems I ran into, was the amount of head. I think it comes out to about 11 feet or so. The pump I had just wouldn't cut it. The Sedra is a little overkill, but I've got it shut down a bit. It's doing the job beautifully! The plumbing down through the floor from the overflow and also from my fuge next to the main tank is a 1". The return is 3/4". Hope the pics answer any questions.....PS....It's awful funny but my reef friend who gave me the idea of the basement plumbing always wanted to talk about head, too....hmmmmm :huh:

Attached Files: