[UPDATE]Another Problem UGHHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by JJL, Mar 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

That would be a lot of fish for a tank that probably isn't more than 26gallons when you figure displacement of rocks.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Sorry about your situation. I loved my CB angel. But I agree that finding a new home would be the best thing to do.

1 person likes this.
  4. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Yea your probably right...5 would be pushing it...Any suggestions on fish though?
    I am probably going to have to bring my CB back because of aggresion :(
    Some people suggested gobys, but I am not really a big fan of gobys or blennies that just stay at the bottom :(

5. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

Another option is getting a separating net like screening and put the CB on lock down. I did this with a flame anglefish to tame it because I introduced him as one of my first real fish...huge mistake huge bully. Takes about 2-3 weeks.

You could possibly get rid of the CB and reintroduce another one at a later date after the RG has established itself and is no longer in fear.

6. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

I also would recommend a firefish, beautiful color!

Easy and peaceful!

[​IMG]

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

That same CB angel might be a model citizen in a 90. One advantage I have when I have jerk fish is I'll put them in with a fish that's a LOT bigger than them and give them an "attitude" adjustment. Some fish go right back to being a jerk. Other fish learn their lesson. There's a very good chance that your LFS can find a great home for it.

8. Click Here!

9. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Yup I definately agree with you that tank size has to do with it.

10. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

So I have made the FINAL decision to remove my coral beauty angelfish from the tank. I am going to the LFS tomorrow. My RG really seems to be getting picked on. He is hiding in the corner. Do you think he will come out and swim once I remove the CB? Also do you think it is fair for my LFS to give me some credit? If so how much credit do you think is a fair deal? Thanks...I know a lot of questions :)
    JJL

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I think that chances are good the RG will show it's self more once the aggression is gone. I would be diplomatic in your reason for returning the fish to the store. They may not want an aggressive fish, which might be just fine in another set-up, so choice your words.

I would expect at least 20.00 in credit.

12. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Thanks for the answer! After I give the CB back I will wait a while before adding anoter fish because I want to give the RG a chance to fully relax and acclimate. $20 seems pretty fair to me...