Up in the air?????

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by insanereefer420, Jan 31, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. insanereefer420

insanereefer420 Fire Worm

So after months and months and a few more months i have finally gotten the wife to realize that an led system would be cheaper i the long run.....plus i get to have more fun with it than t5hos. What happened is we went to get some t5s and i made the remark that this time buying lights would have put me over what i could have spent the first time around on an led and not had to have bought so many bulbs over the years of fresh and now saltwater tanks. Well my question is being that i want a euphyllia dominated tank mainly frogspawn and hammers with a some zoas and mushrooms thrown in the mix ( zoa and shrooms just facinate me, not sure why) and who knows i may one day get into sps, what led light would you guys recommend me looking into for a tank footprint of 13×30x17h. Would prefer one with a built in timer with sunrise and sun set features. I have no idea where to start looking any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. insanereefer420

ZT-6500A LED Light Apex Ready. This one seems interesting not sure how i feel about the cluster of whites. Anyone know what brands are good and whats garbage?

4. PittsburghReefTank12

PittsburghReefTank12 Flamingo Tongue

My Uncle Had AquaIllumation Brand LEDs And He Really Liked Them They Were Packed With Features And Are Good Quality Lights With Lots Of Options. I Wish Someday I Will Have The Same Opportunity That You Have :(

SkyFire and insanereefer420 like this.
  5. insanereefer420

Got to love tax returns :) Wouldn't be doing it otherwise. Ill look into those and see what comes up.

6. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I just bought (3) AquaIllumination Hydra 52 HD's three days ago. They are an awesome light.

7. insanereefer420

What coverage are u getting per light?

8. Click Here!

9. insanereefer420

Pretty sure the ai hydra 26 hd has my vote. :)

10. Murball7

Murball7 Bristle Worm

I run the hydra 26 on my tank. My tank is 30" wide and the hydra doesn't cover the corners. You just have to be mindful of coral placement and put the less light needy corals on the outside. That being said I love the light and I've read the HD model is even better. I'm actually considering getting a second 26 to even the light distribution.

11. insanereefer420

Whats the foot print of your tank? Do you have the led pucks side by side or front and back? ( hows your light set up i guess is better). Just curious i think the 54 would be to large

12. Murball7

Murball7 Bristle Worm

I have a 37 bowfront (which makes lighting tricky to begin with). Off the top of my head i believe it's 30x12 (15 at center of bow)x 26"deep. One 26 may do your tank because you be able to raise the light higher and still maintain good par readings. I was having trouble lighting the anemone on the sanded so the lights about 6" above the water. The pucks run parallel to the back of the tank.