Unordinary but bad problem

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I'm honestly not sure if this is a common problem but I just can't stop putting my hand in my tank :( It's like im looking at youtube videos online and seeing so many awesome aquascapes and when i look at mine it looks all crappy (LOL) so practically every 2-3 days im changing the scape and I'm never satisfied with it, and the sand is lifted up and that makes me a S.O.B. LOL. So any suggestions? Really a bad habit I guess. And also for anyone who saw my "What was I thinking?" thread MY TANK IS BACK BABY WOOHOO!!!!!!:victory:

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I must have ripped my aquascape apart 10 times before It is what it is now. one time I even actually did a large waterchange built my piliars and then put all the rock back in then adding new water to the tank. I think we are all faced with this issue at some point.

4. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Congrats On having a Tank again...didn't follow your goodbye thread through it's entirety.

I'm too lazy to change the scape around too much and I hate making a mess of water and having to clean the glass when I do stick my hand in there.

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

buy more rock or break yours up smaller so you can achieve different shapes.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

o yeah no problem lol realized that saltwater is too precious! and as for the scape im a really picky S.O.B. so I can never- I MEAN NEVER- really be happy until i make that right scape lol. I have used a hammer and chisel to get different pieces of rock but still not sure how to do a good scape. Tried doing pillars at one point but still a little difficult since all my LR is differnt so im still trying to find a good combination of how to put things together

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Glad to hear you have your tank back. Just arrange the rocks in a way that creates caves and interesting features then let it be. There will be times when you have to take it apart to get something then do rearranging.

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah im working on that still; thanks for the support guys :)

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well looking again my random aquascape doesnt look as bad as i thought so I'll leave it like that for now. back to my old thread to see if anyone wants to gimme ideas for livestock

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well again I'm being a picky S.O.B. and changed the aquascape again which lifted sand and lifted sand=very cloudy water... Still cant get one I like

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

At least your problems are less severe now. :) Have fun and good luck with the new 'scape.