Unknown Issue w/ Kole Tang

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Foreverfishy, Oct 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I noticed tonight that my Kole Tang (had him since 20 AUG 2011) was more laid back, stayed within the rocks and definitely not aggressive (towards food not other fish) when it came to dinner time. Normally he would be the first one to grab at the food but tonight he didnt eat at all.

"Bubba" seems to be breathing a little heavy and his mouth constantly stays open. The other fish (including my yellow tang), shrimp, and crabs all are acting normal and seem to be as happy as can be

I will say my salinity is to high (1.035) so I have been slowly adding RODI w/ Prime (as an extra precaution).

Thoughts?

Oh I do run an air pump in my sump if that makes a difference.

2. Click Here!

3. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

well came home from work and noticed he passed away..gosh that sucks big time!

4. mightyrae

mightyrae Spaghetti Worm

I'm sorry to hear that. Tangs are so finicky like that. One day good one day bad. I think your salt may have had a lot to do with it. That is really high from the recommended salt levels. Well now that you checked your parameters I'm sure the rest of your fish are happy. :)