Unknown brand 125 used. Good deal?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Mobalized, Oct 21, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

double post due to creating on phone sorry

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. ricoop

ricoop Skunk Shrimp

$500 seems a little high to me compared to other deals I've seen on CL. When buying used, you always want to be able to see it before you purchase. Look for chips and cracks in the tank glass. Also inspect the silicon. Tanks can be resealed, but if you also may be able to find something that costs the same or less and doesn't have to be resealed. Also, be cautious with "scratches." I went to look at one once and what they described as "scratches" were deep gouges in the bottom and back glass. Overall though, just look at quality of care that was given to the setup.
    Also, if the tank is not setup and running ask to see it at least filled with water so you can check for leaks.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. mightyrae

mightyrae Spaghetti Worm

i dont trust any brand ive never heard of when it comes to something that is going to hold water. Ive had about 15 gallons of water leak on to my carpet. Even though its a small amount it caused a lot of damage. Cant imagine 125 gallons on my carpet...