Unknown animal, ID help please

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by shorty590, May 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shorty590

shorty590 Astrea Snail

I thought it was a different kind of hair algae, just really sparse and long. It moves with the current but definetly has its own movements like curling the ends of the tentacles. During a feeding of mysis one day, the tentacles latched on to a shrimp and brought it close to the base of where all the tentacles come from. At that point I realized this is not hair algae. One day it moved to another spot. Now there is three of them that I can see. I have never seen a polyp just the tentacles. I can't find any information on anything like these. Does apitasia have different types of species that could resemble something like this? I need some info so I can figure out what my next step would be. Any info would greatly be appreciated. I will try to get some better pics

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

weird?? Maby your going insane and think its moving lol jk. I have no idea you will find an answer soon enough.

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like spaghetti worms. Look it up on google on somewhere, and if it is speghetti worms, they are harmless, but can irriatate corals by touching them.

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I'm with Brian on this one...Spaghetti worms...welcomed addition to a reef tank! HARMLESS

6. shorty590

shorty590 Astrea Snail

thanks

thanks for the help
    here is a couple pics of the tank
    see my clam !?!

Attached Files: