Unique aquascaping ideas needed

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by BREEZE, Sep 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kas

Kas Bristle Worm

Here's mine. Rock on PVC......good water flow and after more rock is added (to cover PVC still showing), still not much rock will be sitting on the sand bed. Took extra time but (I think) will be worth it in the end. Kas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

4. plop

plop Astrea Snail

I got my layout idea from some random site out there in web land. It is basically two "L" shapes with strong water movement between them to try and mimic natural reef layouts.

Hope I can at least give you some ideas!

plop

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

That's a good layout plop.

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Hmm, I'll get some pics up in a few days I have about 120# uncured rock and about 30# of cured that I'm going to be playing with if all goes well in the next few days :) Well have all the rock, just need to get it into the tank and play with the setup lots of florida base rock and some tonga shelf rock as well so I have a few ideas I'm hoping that pan out

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I'm thinking I'm going to do mine like this:

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

my tank i have rock that was cut with a tile saw and then put on the belt sander to make it perfectly flat on the back side. the rock is basically bookmatched just like a luthier would do for a violin or guitar top. this allowed me to have a perefectly flat back to make an awesome veneer on the back wall and a great start for a sweet scape.
    [​IMG]

10. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Just don't drill any holes in your pvc, it's known for getting massive worms of all types in it when they have a place that perfect to hide and it's really a crappy thing to try and get them out you end up having to tear down the entire tank and disassemble the rock structures
    there is some pics on the boards somewhere of worms that have been pulled out of pvc stands not that their a bad thing, just make sure it's sealed

1 person likes this.
  11. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

for the sake of ideas.. I started thinking outside the box and blew up a high resolution picture of a shoreline on a beach and attached it (laminated) to the outside rear wall of my glass 60gal (rectangular). Would look even more awesome with a bowfront 175..

And then I incorporated elements inside the tank to match the scene depicted in the picture/background. From the color of sand/subsrate, to the decorative palm trees to match the photograph, to even making "fake" water to place inside the tank (with the real water) aligned with the shoreline in the photograph/background, to give the complete illusion that the background transforms into the tank, and the fishies inside are living "in the picture"..

12. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Good to know .. Karma 4 u