Ugly Tank Contest Winner!

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Nov 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

Here is the winner of the ugliest tank contest:

[​IMG]

Not really sure how that tank won the votes. We chose this one:

[​IMG]

Capsfan and mystique were runners up:

Capsfan:

[​IMG]

Mystique

[​IMG]

Next year we will be doing the contest again, so neglect your chores, hide the mag float and feed at will. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Maybe he created a mass amount of accounts and voted for himself a bunch of times... i guess he REALLY wanted that cleaner crew :p Anyways, good choices guys.

4. johnmaloney

I think what happened is a lot of people from 3reef wanted to see that tank at its full potential, and supported her. She has been fighting back algae for awhile now.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

OMG......those are horrible. The winner looks fine to me. The next two are so bad in different ways. At first, I thought the one with cyano in it was a live rock bin like you see in the LFS. I thought the second one was a fuge. Well.....I guess it is now. The third one has some hope attached to it. Wow. Point made.

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Don't know why the first one won, looks pretty good to me too. The second one should have definitely won, hands down, I looked at all of the contestants and most weren't that bad, that one on the other hand is the worst tank I have ever seen.

7. johnmaloney

Hah! You shop at my LFS too? They have the nastiest rock, $12 a pound, weighs a ton. I got some though because it had some really nice neomeris hidden in the hair algae. Going to try to make frags of it to put in my tank.

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Are you kidding me? $12 a pound? I have never seen it that expensive. Around here it is $9. $10 if you are getting Tonga. Wow.

Now I am going to have to look up Neomeris. I have absolutely no idea what that is.

EDIT: LOL!!!! I thought it was a coral. It is an algae. I should have known. Only you would pick that out. I am amused.

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Congrats to the winner????? I feel bad for the others who's tank DO look bad! Also, I feel funny congradulating someone for having the worst looking tank!

11. Mystique

Mystique Astrea Snail

Congrats on the winner! May your tank always be algae free! :)

And thank you, Reef Cleaners, for sponsoring this contest! I hope by next year to not need to enter the Ugly Tank Contest.

1 person likes this.
  12. johnmaloney

first time out and you are ready to retire?