Ugly Tank Contest 3

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Nov 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

The Contest:
    It is time yet again to show us what some neglect and overfeeding can do. Got a well water reef? It is time for a full tank shot because the 3rd annual Ugly Tank Contest is open to contestants. We are looking for tanks that are ugly, just really, really ugly. Cyano plauging your coral? Nice! Hair algae covering your mag float? No wonder you can't find it! Please post pics!

The Rules:
    Submissions must have a full tank shot (FTS). Only that picture will count towards the contest, but other supporting close up photos are appreciated.
    You can reply to this thread to submit the photo.

Pictures must be submitted by November 15th.

We will be selecting the worst 5 tanks from those submitted. Each of these tanks will receive a $10 gift certificate. I personally will be choosing the finalists to narrow down the chance of popularity becoming an issue. Each of the finalists will then vote for the tank they think is the worst, but are not allowed to vote for their own tank.

Winner gets a free custom clean up crew shipped to clean the tank!

Plus! Each entrant gets a $5 gift certificate. You will have to send me an email or pm with the code you want to use. Just something simple will work, like "Hey John, I posted a photo in the ugly tank contest, I want my code to be "jmaloney" " Just make sure to put the code in quotes or on a separate line.

Show us how bad it can get! Be prepared for some good humored kidding, but please don't be embarrassed. If algae didn't happen I would be out of a job. :)

To Enter:

Simply post a picture here. We will combine with other pictures from around the net into our contest thread in our support forum:
    ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Contests - Support Forum

Major Updates will be posted in this thread, so if you are a contestant you will want to subscribe to it.

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Putting this front and centre for the morning crowd

this comp was fun last year, so hopefully it will be as well recieved this time

Steve

4. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

cool & generous contest John! I'm actually glad, for once, that I don't wanna win this one :)

5. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

And I just pulled out a bunch of GHA...my poor green spotted puffer lost his cushy bed...LOL. but it grows back fast enough...was just thinking I needed to order from you for a stronger CUC. I'll be entering one of my tanks...the only ugly one.

6. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i have the winning tank at home right now.....my predator tank has some major cyano and hair algea going on right now! Unfortunatly cant put anytype of clean up crew in there because they would eat it all! I should be embarrased to post the pictures but in a matter of a month it got out of control! Will get pic up ASAP!

7. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

This is not a entry because this is the tank a few months ago. But it is one of the worst diatom blooms I have seen. This happened in 3 days. I figured I would share.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

That's ugly. I have a bad bloom right now in my 30, but John is gettin me setup with CuC's for tomorrow! I cleaned my glass...so it doesn't look as bad as that, but my rocks are pretty well covered and it is spreading to the sand, powerhead and filter...

10. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Lol ya it was pretty bad. You can't even see how bad it is on the rocks cuz the glass was covered in the brown frown.

11. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

the predator tanks do usually win it, lets see! :)

oh i have see some things dboshibbby. That glass is bad, but you have to see some tanks...one of the members here who I will allow to go nameless :)P) had caking diatoms, they were so thick they start to form some matting...really bad stuff! :)

12. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

I can't wait to see lol