ugh! too much touchy-feely

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Sep 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Would you let a stranger hug you?

1. heck yeah, bring on the love!

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. touch me and die

31 vote(s)
    68.9%
  3. actually, i'm the stranger trying to hug you

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Amen! Big Breasted brunets will get a hug every time.... :p

I am a recovering addict and alocholic so I have hugged a few people in support groups thru the years. Now days I only associate with those that helped me get clean 15 yrs ago and I don't hesitate to give them a hug and say thanks for helping me get my life back in order. Heck some of these people even visited me in prison on their own time so I owe them a lot.

Showing emotions is something that as you get older it's something that will not bother you at all. I too used to keep the stone cold persona when I was younger too, wasn't cool to cry and be all mushy.

It will pass . ;)

I have had many Terriers in my life and I can just imagine how funny that was. You need to post a video of that one. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

well, since we've got otty here, i'm going to ask the expert. no, this is not a question about large breasted women, it's about bikes. a year from now when i move back to Iowa i'm going to spent ~5000 dollars on a large bike. what i'm looking at is either a an early 2000's Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Yamaha vstar 1100 or maybe a Suzuki Boulevard (i dont know how they organize their engine sizes). any views on those puppies? or are you a dyed in the wool harley guy

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Dyed in the wool..... ;)
    I have rode imports before in my early 20's but they never give me the satisfaction as a Harley has. It is something that is hard to explain until you live it. My insurance agent wouldn't cover me on anything over 750cc until I turned 25 so I was forced to ride imports.

If it was me I would find a Low Rider or Softail Standard to ride.... they keep their resale value a lot more then imports do. Plus you are sitting on a piece of History with Heritage.

To me those bikes are just look a likes that try to pass off the image of a Harley at a distance. About like ordering a Steak at the restaurant and them serving you a piece of bologna. :-/ Looks are not everything, you get what you pay for.

5. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i rode a Heritage out in Hawaii and must confess, it was a pretty awe-striking experience. the thing has 116,000 miles on it and still ran like a top, but the guy running the shop was a total gearhead so i'm sure the maintenance was impeccable. my biggest concern is the pricetag. also, my current motor knowledge is lacking at best, do harleys still rattle themselves apart?

6. oakvad

oakvad Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My mom is a harley nut she has an 02 dyna wide glide, and i must confess other than the occasinal battery it has been trouble free for many years with regular mainanence. I myself want a yamaha v-max been my dream bike for 20 plus years

7. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

another thing to consider is that i'm 6'2" and 230 lbs. i need a big bike to avoid the "circus bear on a tricycle" look

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

They have done a lot of re-engineering as to have covers to be covers now and not hold moving parts. That is what usually ended up causing oil leaks. My 01 Ultra has 123,000 miles on her and still runs like a dream. I would never consider riding any other Motor Manufactures bike.

Then you don't want a Sporter, sick with any of the Big Twins and you will be just fine.

10. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

My wife says, huh, you are going to be a pastor? You better start feeling with your heart. She also said it is a good thing Jesus wasn't so insensitive. Maybe partoral work isn't for you....perhaps a hermit?

11. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i'm working towards teaching pastorship or seminary faculty. however at TEDS the easiest way to get a jump into ThM or even PhD work is to piggyback it onto an MDiv track.

12. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

do we have any import riders out there to state their case?

1 person likes this.