ugh! too much touchy-feely

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Sep 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Would you let a stranger hug you?

1. heck yeah, bring on the love!

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. touch me and die

31 vote(s)
    68.9%
  3. actually, i'm the stranger trying to hug you

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Agree 100% with that one....sooooooo cute!

2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

That's funny - I'm the same way. Things that make me cry: Occasional movies and Packleader putting that picture of Jwin up today (I laughed so hard I had tears)!

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Funny picture of Jwin?! I missed that!:eek:

5. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i actually had to that the BarOn Emotional Quotient test this semester. i'm surprised it didn't come back "null". my Keirsey came back ENTJ/INTJ. i guess i just don't operate that way so when someone wants me to get in touch with my feelings i just have to fake it. i'm just the super rationalist, who wont cry at the end of Old Yeller.

and i have a friend!

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Im sure you have many friends Joseph
    from my admittedly limited experience of communicating with you on this forum, you strike me as a thoughtful human being, which IME are people who accumulate friends very easily

I think your possible, very in touch with your feelings, its just the public display of that aspect of your personality that you are not comfortable with?

Steve

1 person likes this.
  7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I was on your side until I read this. YOU'RE A MONSTER :lol:

10. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Oh I can handle myself. 245lb and usually heavily armed ;)
    But I just had to throw the hug out there. It was too set up for it. And I am with you 100% on your post. I am the exact same way.
    I honestly could not do counseling. And it's everywhere. Everyone loves to whine about how misfortune they are. And my #1 pet peeve is self pity. 99.9% of the problems people complain about is their own fault. Don't like your job? Then get another one. Not enough money? Well maybe you should attend night school, improve your education, and get a better job. Spouse mistreating you? Yeah well you're the one that chose to be with them. It just goes on and on. And it is just magnified by the fact that people can go to these "love wheels" and everybody goes "awwww have a hug and a smore".
    I think 75% of this country and worlds problems would just go away if people stopped being weak and took control and responsibility over their actions and choices.
    Wow that was a long one. Sorry. Continue on.

12. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

aww steve, you're making me blush! but you may have a point, i probably do have feelings. however, public or internal or anything, they just don't register properly. happy and mad is all i really got. luckily i've married a saint

if it was MY dog maybe i could whip up a tear or at least fake a sniffle...

btw, i actually chuckled out loud in the middle of class to that Jwin pic. now the prof is suspicious! :uhoh2:

1 person likes this.