Ugh, possible dreaded aiptasia ?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Slammed01, Sep 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Lol. man, I been fighting this war for 4 years. They keep popping up, and I keep injecting. I shoot em when i see them, but inevitably there seems to be a few that make it out alive, as it seems to reoccur in the same general places every time.

2. Click Here!

3. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Lol I went to wally world and they had a 1ml syringe n 31 mm needles. Wasn't really working with the 1 and 1 tsp method. What and where did tall get the syringes n needles?

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You can usually get insulin syringes/comes with needle at some pharmacies. Tell them what you want it for. That syringe and needle is pretty use less for anything other than insulin because it's so small so it's easier to get. Easier to use as well.

5. pizza101

pizza101 Flamingo Tongue

foxface rabbitfish. aptaisia gone!

6. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

I only have a 46 g so can't do the foxrab or CBB =(

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i have one apitasia in my tank (its in a spot thats very hard to get to) surprisingly i only have this one, im thinking, though i never witnessed this, that my CBB must munch on the the smaller/developing ones...go fig.... but yea unless you have a natural predator for them such as peppermints shrimps or as mentioned a CBB you might find yourself invaded by them soon.

dont try and pluck/cut it youll only accelerate its propagation.

P.S. if you are thinking of getting an animal to control your apitasia i suggest you opt for the shrimp rather than the CBB, as they are quite delicate fish. the difficulty being getting them to eat in a new system.

iv had great success with peppermints sadly i cant keep them anymore due to my toby.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  8. Click Here!

9. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Update dosed the majano and aiptasia with a oral Syringe yesterday... So far so good!

10. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Anyone ever pull a rock that seemed to be the root of their problem? Frag rock with all the polyp colonies on it has aiptasia again Ughhhh.... Thinking bout pulling the crock. It was only like $30... go figure =(

11. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Pulled that rock... Seems to stick to the rock than spread besides here and there. Didn't want to risk it

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

In my opinion you did the right thing. Hopefully you were able to contain it.