Ugh, possible dreaded aiptasia ?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Slammed01, Sep 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Funny thing is before I switched my 90 for my 46...i didnt see any spread. I think the bucket or move maybe knocked some pores off.

2. Click Here!

3. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

I injected!!! Now... I saw bugs or appeared to be little bug like things run whrn I did...? ***...?!?!

4. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

probably just pods- I use aiptasia x and it usually works

5. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Uhhh ohhhh, I think im in trouble.. Went after a small one and when I injected the kalk he blew apart ugh lol.... Trouble! I grabbed my siphon and sucked out as much as I could

6. watchguy123

watchguy123 Plankton

The difficulty with aptaisia is although any of the methods suggested may work, (aptaisia x, joe's juice, kalkwasser, hot water, lime juice, peppermint shrimp, aptaisia eating fish), this plague tends to reoccur in time.

So keeping fish that eat aptaisia may be the best long term solution.

Aptasia can end up in the overflow, refugium, sump and maybe even plumbing. Berghia nudibranches also may work but wrasses may eat these very expensive nudis. Everyone has a favorite critter or technique to kill these guys but just like Arnold Schwarzeneger so succinctly said, "I'll be back" is their motto.

7. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Well possibly goid new, whatever blew apart the base is glowing yellowish where it was,.... Fingers crossed cause I have yellow polyps lol

8. Click Here!

9. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

just so ya know, I to have fought the problem you are about to embark on.

File fish works well if you peel them off the rock for it to feed on, peps work ok youy have a 50/50 shot if them eliminating them, butterfly fish seem to be the way to go destroyed them, my suggestion aptasia x or joes juice the big one soak the small rock in vinegar.

just keep in mind though if you mess with them outside of water and pop one its extremely toxic, don't rub your eyes either. Also the nudies are a good choice if they get bad but the Pep shrimp will eat the nudies.

HTH

10. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Thanks all we shall see! Noticed another in hard to get areas lol. Also I got some of these growing, what are they ;

Attached Files:

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Majano, same routine as aiptasia.

12. Slammed01

Slammed01 Spaghetti Worm

Ah crap lol thank u... Seems like alot of ppl go thru this lol