Urgent UGH..not again...

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by elweshomayor, Feb 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

boiling the rock literally in a pot will definitely kill them, but it will kill everything else on and in the rock as well. and yes, after that you will need to do quite a few water changes throughout the next few days, just keep testing and stay on top of your parameters.

4. gt40425hp

gt40425hp Feather Duster

if there all on one or 2 rocks pull them slowly nuke them the ones you find in your coral use lemon juce in a saringe dont pull them you will spred them

start quaratineing thats your best bet as always thay came from somewhare

i always had great luck with the pepermints but as always your milage may verry as you have found

changeing water wont cause a cycle but i doubt it would help if you nuke your rocks in any way you will create one

alot of people have great sucsess with apstasiaX i have never used it i have used lemon juce just piriced the side of the tube within an hour it was shriveled and floating

5. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

take those rocks out and replace those rocks with some dry rock..no cycle..

or take out those rocks and get new rock from fish store..

or peppermint shrimp but not sure shrimp on compatabilities

and the only method i have every used on aptasia is bioling water in turkey baster, works like a charm melts them instantly..

6. dustin0479

dustin0479 Peppermint Shrimp

I had a TON of aiptasia in my tank. After a couple weeks it is all gone.

I used "Stop Aiptasia" to get the easy targets, they were gone the next day. The larger and harder to reach ones I did the DIY Aiptasia Shocker (check the DIY section)

Both these methods did seem to cause lots of smaller Aiptasia but that was not an issue as I added 2 peppermint shrimp that were cleaning house on the smaller ones.

Took about 2 weeks and it is completely free of aiptasia.

7. Sadie

Sadie Coral Banded Shrimp

I would use joes juice. I know you have a lot of them, but do a patch every day. The stuff works almost instantly and doesn't hurt the coral. In a couple days you could have them gone.