ugh, MEN!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by zjpeter, Mar 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

ok, actually i mean Montipora Eating Nudibranchs. i got two new montis over a week ago, one piece crashed (it was in pretty rough shape to begin with) and the other looks FANTASTIC. yesterday, however, my red monti which was already in the tank has developed several white patches about the size of a pencil lead. i don't know what else it would be, which sucks because my monti has been going through a growth spurt and looking great.

what would you guys recommend? my current plan of attack is to frag up what i can onto plugs and keep dipping them in either lugols or Prazi Pro, whichever i can find locally. any helpful tips?

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It could be monti eating nudis, but I've found that sometimes, my montis will have white spots for no apparent reason, then heal and grow over the spot. Other times, especially my caps have been totally wiped out. Look at night to see if you see any nudis around.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I would try to dip the montis in whatever nasty killing dip you can.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Salifert Flatworm Exit, Kent Marine Poly OX, Coral Rx, Hikari Prazi-Pro, Tropic Marin Coral Cure, Lugols, and many others.

Just remember, none of these does anything to get eggs. Inspect well and scrape off egg sacks. As eggs hatch, you often have to dip again.