Tyree green jacketed Divaricata

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by tinctorus, Aug 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

Hey yall does anyone have any experience with this particular coral?
    I have personally never heard of a Green jacketed Divaricata, I know it is obviously priced a little more because it has the "Tyree" name in front of it, Im not one for "designer" or "LE" corals but this piece REALLY caught my eye, its a bright green with what looks like splashes of blue/purple paint on the branches

Any info that anyone could give me on this coral would be GREATLY appreciated as I am seriously debating ordering it as soon as I can

Green jacketed Divaricata

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

It is "grafted". It came from Steve Garrett in CA after a pocillopora spawning event.

Gorgeous coral but a lot of hype with it.

4. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

5. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

Thanks for the info, I am curious though as to how "tyree" put his stinkin name on a coral he had obviously nothing to do with?
    Thats pretty crappy on his part to put his name on a coral that someone else "created" in there own coral growing system dont you think?

Aside from that how is the coral as far as ease of care, growth rate, light and flow requirements etc etc

6. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Lol that is what he does with every one of his pieces.

Care is not overly hard but average for an acro. It's not as picky as some corals out there. Just get it good lighting and moderate flow with low nutrient levels and it will thrive.

7. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

Someone posted on another forum that they have this coral and they seem to have a hard time getting the blue/purple "graft" to keep it's color, Is this normal or something I should be concerned about or is it most likely something going on in his tank?

I dunno I just dont like that Tyree can just add his name some someone else's coral and magically its marked up 300% you know?
    I mean *** makes his or jason fox's name so special that people willingly pay triple the price for the same coral because it has there name on it?

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

That is just the way it is, no use debating it. No one twist anyone's arm to buy the brand name or designer corals. Some of Tyree's stuff is beautiful and can not be found anywhere else. Same with Jason Fox, if they had not found the niche someone else would have stepped in.

Typically it''s harder to keep Acropora blue, just need intense lighting and pristine water quality.

If I had the tank set-up for it and money to burn I would buy it in a heart beat, I think it's a beautiful coral

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

With Tyree/JF/anyone else coral you are buying a nice aquacultured product. Alot of times beautiful wild caught, or maricultured acros lose color in the home aquaria or flat out melt. With these designer coral you are not apt to face that eventuality.

1 person likes this.
  11. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Blue is usually related to potassium levels.

Also Steve gave a piece to tyree because it works well for both of them. Steve gives up the name and tyree puts his on it. Thus driving up the price... And now Steve is the main supplier of the now famous named piece.
    At least this is how I did it when Jason fox adopted one of my acros as his. Drove the price up to $100 a frag... I was happy lol

1 person likes this.