Typhoon III HELP !!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by techno2, Jun 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Well, not sure thats the case. Since I installed it, never got it working. My testing proves that when the RO membrane is installed it will not produce water.

The ATO is Level-Loc auto top off unit for RO systems Bulk Reef Supply

Yet to be installed as I still dont have water to connect to it.

I sent the results of the tests and awaiting back from AWI for resolution.

Shrug

2. Click Here!

3. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

any updates on the issue?

4. Afterdark230

Afterdark230 Flamingo Tongue

Can we get pictures of how you have this hooked up? we might be able to figure out from there.

5. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

the Level-Loc auto top off looks pretty good.. do you know if you can separate the float switch from the float valve. I'd like to install the float valve in my sump and the float switch up in my DT. Is it possible?

6. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

i will check on the ato and let you know

The only update is that when I ran the test water ran good until I added the membrane the it stops

I am still awaiting response from awi on this
    Not sure what else I can do, I am at their mercy for resolution

7. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

that really blows...

8. Click Here!

9. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

Do you still have the RO membrane from your other unit? And, are they rated the same galloons per day? If you still have it and its rated the same as the new unit (75gpd, 100gpd, etc..) you could try putting your old RO membrane in the new unit. If it produces water, then you know its a membrane issue (which it more than likely is). If it won't produce water with the old membrane, its a hardware issue (very highy unlikely though).

If you have both units and can get them both running, in the long run, you will be better off running the tanks and the kitchen on seperate units. Makes maintenance and upkeep a lot easier.

Good luck with it.

10. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Updated with Pics.

Here are pics of the unit and what I am connecting.
    THe only other item I question is whether or not the check valve behind the fast flush is the right direction or not.

Unfourtunately my current system is a 2GPD unit so the membrane is likley not the right one. I would think two units would be harder to maintain than one, thus my descusion to get a big unit that should be able to handle both.

Fast Flush and Check Valve, when fast flush is open, it comes out quick, which is by design so since it is supposed to flush the membrane, I thought this would tell me that it is ok. AWI thinks it could be the fast flush valve malfunctioning, but I havent heard back. I wish the process was quicker to resolve.

[​IMG]

RO only and DI Bypass
    [​IMG]

RO only out and RO/DI out
    [​IMG]

Water in on the right
    [​IMG]

Dufresne -
    I dont know if it can be separated, but here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

11. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Yeah, you have the exact same RO.. extreme.
    You know my TDS alarm doesn't work.. hasn't worked since I bought it.. I should call them.
    Thanks for the pics, I looked a the ATO, looks great but I don't think it's what I need.
    My drain back to the sump is a little questionable so I need a float sensor in the DT tank that will turn off the sump pump returning water into the DT if the level in the DT is too high. If I don't have a sensor and the drain fails (takes too much air) then the sump pump would keep returning water to the DT and the RO ATO would keep refilling the sump with RO water.. major disaster. I got the JBJ ATO but it has a 14 max timer to turn of the pump so no good. I think I'll try the Tunze.
    Good luck with the typhoon, let us know how it works out

12. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Help May Be on the Way

Back and forth with AWI with troubleshooting and they are sending me a new Fast Flush Assembly.

Fingers crossed

Thanks

All

I will update when I get the part in and test.