Typhoon III HELP !!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by techno2, Jun 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

So I cut over to the Typhoon today and I am having issues.

I connected the In to the In
    I connected the Drain to the drain
    I connected the RO/DO to the tank
    I connected the RO to the house

I closed the system and allowed the canisters to fill up.
    When I close the fast flush drain, it never really closes all the way so I put a valve at the end of the drain so I can build up pressure.

When I open the drain, all it does is fast flush, it did this for 10 minutes then I closed it again. I tested the RO and RO/DI, and all I got was about a quart then it went dry.

The instructions dont make sense.
    http://static.zoovy.com/merchant/theh2oguru/Extreme_Typhoon_III_Quick_installation_guide.pdf

((To make water from now on please make sure the DI bypass, RO only and the
    fast flush valves are closed.)) If they are closed, how does it work? This must be wrong.

Anyone out there can help me through this ???
    I need my water..

Cheers

2. Click Here!

3. BRINKSREEF

BRINKSREEF Plankton

To make RO water close the DI bypass and fast flush valves. Only leave the RO valve open. For DI water close the RO and fast flush valves, and only leave the DI bypass valve open. And to fast flush leave the DI and RO valves closed and the fast flush valve open.

4. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

How is the in line connected to the house plumbing? And, what happens if you disconnect the in line from the unit and check the water? Wondering if something is causing a lack of water to even get to the unit itself.

The DI bypass has to be closed or the water will simply bypass the DI resin.
    The RO only has to be closed or it goes out the RO only line instead of through the DI resin.
    The fast flush valve has to be closed so that the water goes through the flow restrictor instead of simply "fast flushing".
    So yes, that is correct.

I would start by making sure you are getting water to the unit. What pressure is the gauge reading?
    If you are getting water to the unit, then its simply a matter of tracking down the blockage.
    If you have water to the unit, disconnect the in line to the RO membrane. If you don't have water then one of the sediment filters is messed up. If you do have water coming into the RO, then keep going.
    If you have water coming into the RO membrane, make sure you have water coming out.
    Repeat with the DI canister. Checking water coming in and water coming out.

Somewhere, something is blocking it and its simply a matter of finding what it is and correcting it.

5. carpenter

carpenter Feather Duster

Is it the drain water you here and maybe think that the valve isn't closing all the way? You are going to make 1 gal of pure water for every 3-5 gal of waste water. I have the typhoon III, if you have the inline TDS meters and the float valve then you've got the Extreme Typhoon III.

6. carpenter

carpenter Feather Duster

Hey, Hikk, thats false advertising, you gotta change your name 'cause if your dumm then I'm on a new level that would require adding a new term to the english language for extreme mental imparement!

7. carpenter

carpenter Feather Duster

8. Click Here!

9. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

Thank you for the compliment although I have never heard/read it put the way you did :) Steve Wright calls me "One Hikk" because he refuses to call me Dumm or even use the word in reference to me. Its a nickname that was given to me about 15 years ago and it has stuck with me.

10. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Not sure I understand the DI Bypass, but I will continue to tinker.

Thanks

11. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

It is the Extreme.
    When the fast flush is open, it just pours out the drain. I may of had a thought, when the fast flush is closed, it still drains. Ahhh, that is why the instructions say close the fast flush.

I will try fast flush closed and DI bypass closed to see if I can get RO tot eh House, but if I cant get both, this is useless.

Thanks

12. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

OK, With the DI Bypass closed and the fast flush closed, water is draining and the PSI went to 0. After I turned the DI bypass open, the pressure goes back to 50psi and it is draining still. I have it draining inot a bucket to see how much is drained in 30 minutes without usage.

I also have the output line to the DI with a valve in the off position. Just RO to the house is open.

Starting to think I should have got this model
    Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Hurricane Dual Home/Reef with Permeate Pump & Tank

Oh no. More wasted money..