Two BTA's

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Guest, Mar 21, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Last night before going to sleep I noticed that my Bubble Tip Anemone was stretching. I could not understand what was happening until I got up this morning. My BTA split in two. I never owned a BTA before so this was new to me. I found out that they will spilt for two reasons.
    1. If they are threatened
    2. If they are in a good environment
    I don't know which one applies to my tank buy certainly hope its the second reason. They are both doing well and my poor maroon clown is confused. He seems to favor the larger split. Anyone else have this happen to their BTA and did both BTA's survive?

2. Click Here!

3. stevem650

stevem650 Astrea Snail

Two BTA's

Steve

Two BTA's
    « on: Today at 9:53pm » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last night before going to sleep I noticed that my Bubble Tip Anemone was stretching. I could not understand what was happening until I got up this morning. My BTA split in two. I never owned a BTA before so this was new to me. I found out that they will spilt for two reasons.
    1. If they are threatened
    2. If they are in a good environment
    I don't know which one applies to my tank buy certainly hope its the second reason. They are both doing well and my poor maroon clown is confused. He seems to favor the larger split. Anyone else have this happen to their BTA and did both BTA's survive?

4. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

Yo Steve,
    You drunk or what, you must of forgotten how to log in, ROTFLMAO, J/K
    It has to be #2, your tank looks too good,,,
    Congrats. on the twins, hehe

5. stevem650

stevem650 Astrea Snail

Steve(CMK11) They might be my twins but why do the twins look like you? ::) I hope it's #2

6. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Congratulations, SteveM!!!

I've had my Bubble-Tip for well over a year, and it hasn't split for me yet. It has gotten bigger, and gotten it's color back (it was totally bleached out). BoBo loves it a LOT, I don't know what he'd do if it spit
    ???

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

7. lzb3

lzb3 Astrea Snail

My BTA has gotten bigger .....way bigger...... and Golda loves it. So far no splitting though! Best of luck to you and the new arrival!

Elizabeth