Twinspot goby with ich

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by m_hsiao, Nov 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m_hsiao

m_hsiao Purple Spiny Lobster

So the fish in my tank have recently showed up with some ich with some fish battling it off at times and it re-appearing at times, but my twinspot goby got hit the hardest with ich covering up it's gills and it is breathing pretty heavily at this point.. it hasn't but sifting sand and i guess it's not eating because it never has taken any prepared foods by me.. what is the best thing i could do for it at this point? treat it with something?

water parameters are perfect but i raised the temp to 83-84 degrees for now

ammonia 0
    ph 8.6
    nitrate 0
    nitrite 0
    calcium 450

yellow tang is also showing a bit but it goes on and off the yellow tang but it is still eating and healthy.. i've been also feeding the fish brine shrimp soaked and frozen with garlic guard.

any help will be appreciated in terms of what to do with the twinspot goby..

2. Click Here!

3. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

I would recommend a QT tank. Copper maybe too. Everyone else on here has much more experience than me and will definately give you great advice.

4. tronb24

tronb24 Coral Banded Shrimp

I don't mean to highjack your thread, but...

Concerning ich. Is possible that a fish can overcome a case of ich on it's own when it's not eating and just sitting on the bottom?

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

It's not likely.....

And hsiao, unfortunately I see 2 things that indicate your goby is in serious trouble. 1. The parasite has attacked it's gills. 2. You haven't seen it eat prepared foods in your aquarium.
    Part of a good parasite fighting regimen is food..... A healthy fish is a happy fish.
    [SCROLL]:fish:[/SCROLL]
    What I mean by that is: Your fish is probably starving. This caused it to become stressed and very prone to catching any parasites that are living in your aquarium. A healthy stable environment couple with healthy stable fish is the best way to get rid of it and/or not get it at all.......