turbo snail vanished

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by shecter, Dec 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

ok so i bought a turbo snail a little over a week ago and it was in my tank for 3 days and then vanished. its only a 38 gal tank with LR. it was bigger than a golf ball. i havent seen it in quite a few days. any ideas? besides hermits i have nothing that i know of that would mess with it. even so theres no shell or anything. and no crusty snail remains on my carpet. i dont get it do they berry themselves?

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

did it climb out? or under a rock? or in filter?

4. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

correct me if im wrong but isnt it turbos that when upside down they cant get back right side up? i had one that fell n got stuck on a rock n it died.

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Astreas can't flip themselves over.

Check in the overflow or anywhere else not usual in your tank.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

looks everywhere; i had a hermit crab that disappeared and i found him in the 3rd chamber where my return pump is.... really weird...

7. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

the only thing i have going into my tank right now is the hob skimmer no fuge or anything and i cant find him in the rockwork. i dont see a way he could have gotten into the skimmer because he was larger than all of the tubing and its all covered i dont get it lol

8. Click Here!

9. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

i went in to feed some frozen brine to my lil fishes and i was scouring the tank looking for the missing turbo and I FOUND HIM. hes in the center of my rock work now just hanging out. i have no clue where its been hiding all this time but im glad its not dead polluting my tank lol

10. ynzheng

ynzheng Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

snails usually hide in rock and only climbs out during the night.. my 2cents

11. Reef_Keeper

Reef_Keeper Plankton

Thanks for the info!...I suppose I am going to stop worrying about my snails....GREAT thread...THANKS!!!