Tube Anemone for Free

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by johnmaloney, Jan 31, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

"Cerianthus Anemone" aka Tube Dwelling Anemone aka Ceriantharia sp. etc....good size....Care level is somewhat difficult, nem lovers only please. The one I am talking about now would normally retail for around $40, but it is free to a good home. I would consider it safer than its reputation, but you take your own risks around here. :)

This one currently has its tube, if you want it removed before shipping, (no sweat), let me know. It may add a little delay, but you understand.

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

what color do you have john?

4. johnmaloney

banded. i can also collect you different colors if this is something you are interested in. i know a field, i take the boat out that way every now and then, but it isn't that regular. one particular variation I dont have at the moment is quite stunning, but this guy is also pretty nice.

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

i have one with orange long tentacles and and small fluorescent green inner tentacles. they are really beautiful so if you can get some nice ones like what I have I am really interested. let me know what color morphs you can get!
    If I remember correctly, I believe mines from Bali tho :/

6. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

You can toss it in my order going out tomorrow! I'd be more than happy to take it!

(Ivan Roslak)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. brannock_16

brannock_16 Ritteri Anemone

Let me know what color morphs you have. I saw a beautiful one that had a neon green center with a purple fringe. I am quite interested. Would I have to pay for the shipping? What is the zip for the origin of the package?

8. Click Here!

9. frkid247

frkid247 Sea Dragon

i would love one! but it would have to wait a while cause my new tank is cycling that it is going to be in.

10. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Oh so it's not enough for you to offer better products and customer service at lower prices? Now you have to go and give stuff away for free? You make all other online dealers look bad in my eyes.

Thank you for truly caring about the hobby John.

I wish I had room for another nem, but mine is already touching the front and back glass of my tank. RUN CORAL RUN!!!
    :eek:

11. johnmaloney

are you familiar with them? these are "fish killers" to some extent. Personally I wouldn't worry about it, needs to be fed....is not photosynthetic. I will see if I can get him out of the tube before tomorrow. would be great for a mantis tank....how far off is that?

yep bannock- would have to pay for shipping, unless you are a local

we try mike. :) i told everyone that MLD permit was a good thing. I was so psyched by when I posted that thread because now I can do this kind of stuff for the more unique Caribbean stuff without having to hunt it down from other divers and pay them for it etc... the thread was overlooked though....shame.... :)

12. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

I have a RBTA in my 36 gallon so I am familiar with nems..and for the last 15 minutes have been studying tube nems haha. My mantis tank has been ready to go for a while now..just no mantis yet! That's where I was planning on putting the tube nem.

Edit: I have done some reading and an article about them says that rebuilding their tubes is a very stressful process..so is it necessary to remove it before shipping?