trying new coral food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Peredhil, Sep 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

[​IMG]

I've only really ever fed my corals chunks of raw shrimp or some Kent zooplex stuff...

I am branching out and this is what I picked up.

I have a medium load of soft and LPS corals in my 55.

The marine plankton cyclopleeze stuff, i plan on giving one squirt every few days (with skimmer off). Is this stuff actually alive? I couldn't really tell. It is expected that I'm squirting this straight from taking it out of the freezer, right? :confused:

This rotifer stuff. When I really started reading the package, I got myself all confused.

it says do not use if thawed (which it hasn't, AFAIK), but says to melt what you're going to use... I'm pretty sure the reasons deal with the cycle of life, but do I just basically thaw a bit of cube in some tank water and then dump it in the water column?

Could I suck this up in a baster thing and target feed with it?

Does it really matter?

Thanks folks! ;D

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I also use that stuff. You are correct just put it in some tank water to thaw it out and shoot it onto your corals with a turkey baster of whatever device you use. IMO it increases growth a lot. Iv noticed it mostly in my birdsnest but I think my zoas have also sped up a little bit.