true lumen led lights

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by spongebob, May 18, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. spongebob

spongebob Flamingo Tongue

Current sells these lights. On there website it says there 1 watt but on the back of the box it said 3 watt. Does anybody know what they are?
    I only have one pink set up now but am planing on 4 pink and two blue /white to supplement the lights I already have 96 watt white/blue fluorescents.
    They don't have a dimmer so I am hoping there ones but I can raise them to my lights to cut down the intensity. When I hook them all up should I start off slow with the time? I was gonna have them come on 15 minutes after the blue and than the white twenty minutes after that?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. spongebob

Here is the back of box. It weird it says 9 chip led but there are only four that light up

Attached Files:

4. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

From the look of it each LED is a chip vs actual LED which means more than one. It's more of a supplement type light I would imagine.

5. spongebob

For having only four LEDs its really bright. I love it it really brings the colors put of the fish and coral. I can't wait to get all six strips hooked up. I get the connectors Tuesday. Here is a picture with the blue lights and one strip

Attached Files:

6. spongebob

So nobody has tried these yet or know the wattage of the LEDs?
    Its weird on the website it said 1 watt but on the box it said three not sure if that's total output or per bulb.
    I just want to know because if there three watts with no dimmer it will fry my coral.
    I have just on rose one on now and it seems to be good. I am adding three more of the rose and two blue/white so that may be a lot of light as you can see from my pictures they are bright for sure.
    I am thinking of mounting them on my lights to start out than move them right to the glass top. Its a huge difference to ease them into it.
    It really does bring out the colors and they were really cheap. I think the total with all the connectors and power supplies was around $135