Tru Vu 125 gallon

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by kracer1025, Nov 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kracer1025

kracer1025 Skunk Shrimp

I found a Tru Vu 125 aquarium on Craigslist for 200 bucks. Went and looked at the tank and its in great condition, just not sure about this built in filtration setup that's built into the back wall of the tank. Does anyone have any experience with these tanks. The price is good from what I see on the tru vu site this tank lists for over 1000 dollars. Any help would be appreciated.
    I was thinking of possibly drilling the bottom of this built in filter and possibly making it my overflow into a standard sump under the tank.

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

1 person likes this.
  4. kracer1025

kracer1025 Skunk Shrimp

Thanks for the link Steve. Just the type of info I was looking for. I actually picked up the tank in trade for my old ev-180 skimmer. It needs a good cleaning but still in great shape.

5. kracer1025

kracer1025 Skunk Shrimp

Here are a couple of photos of the new tank. I hope to be starting a build thread soon. I need to buff the small scratches out of the tank. I will be building a taller stand and new canopy in the near future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]