Tropic Marin's new salt

Discussion in 'Salt' started by HappyGillmore, Dec 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HappyGillmore

HappyGillmore Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Has anyone heard anything about the new salt Tropic Marin is putting out? I came across info on it a month ago and havnt heard anything since. Tropic Marin Bio-Actif is believe its called. Supposed to be every bit as great as TM's salt but theyve added some sort of carbon dosing component. Kinda like the same thing Vodka dosing does for a tank. I cant wait to try this salt, hopefully it wont cost too much. Ive ben using TM ProReef for a year and I absolutely love the stuff. Best salt Ive used and ive tried many of them. My corals respond to TM ProReef more than any other salt. Also my coraline algaes pigmentation turns bright and vivid. The water also gets a nice tint of blue to it.

BTW can I just say I love this site? The other forums Ive gone to, you get this feeling they are always trying to push a product and I cant stand that. Nothing irritates me more than people giving advice based on personal gain. Salt was one major issue that I felt was really biased at other sites. But here at 3Reef its not like that. People express what products they like and theres no one following up with some kind of business motivated slant.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

happy gilmore

no experience of that salt , but I have used Tropic marin reef salt on many occasions and was always happy with it

I also share your views with regard the vast majority of people on this site give advice based on personal experience and knowledge and not in vast majority of cases for commercial reasons ( sometimes it happens, but if its spotted its deleted)

Steve

4. HappyGillmore

HappyGillmore Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Heres a link, check it out yall. http://www.tropicmarin-usa.com/BIO-ACTIF bro.pdf

That reminds me, I gotta do a water change today. 15 gallons a week, 2 32 gal boxes of ProReef gets me through the month but I have to just get myself a bucket, or better yet a 300 gallon bag. If they make bags of PR.

5. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Steve Wright,
    Is it fair to say as tech and understanding of aquaria has increased tremendously over the past few years, that most salts are starting to plateau in quality?