Tropic Marin ELIMI-CONTROL Phosphate Reactors

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The new Tropic Marin ELIMI-CONTROL Phoshate reactor (ETA 6 months) stands out for its small footprint and ease-of-use. Packed with a cartridge of Tropic Marin's Elimi-Phos Longlife phosphate absorption media and topped with a small pump, the ELIMI-CONTROL reactor will slow-filter your water at 1.5 gallons an hour and help keep your phosphates way down to the delight of SPS fans and, well, anyone who hates algae. :)

[​IMG]
    Tropic Marin ELIMI-CONTROL Phosphate Reactor Coming in Spring 2010

This 3reefer has owned rather large bulky phosphate reactors with a lot of hoses and appreciates the design of the Tropic Marin ELIMI-CONTROL Phosphate Reactor. This reactor can be setup in minutes and will not take a lot of room in your sump or aquarium.

Ease-of-Use:

• By testing your water at the pump output, you can quickly determine if the media needs to be replaced. Simply compare phosphate levels from pump output to that in the aquarium. This helps avoid the 'Too little, too late' scenario. If you detect ANY phosphate, it is time to replace the cartridge as it should always be zero coming out of the pump.
    • Fast Setup.
    • For aquariums larger than 160 gallons, simply stack more cartridges.

Pics from MACNA:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT - Note - there are also Tropic Marin activated-carbon cartridges becoming available so you can piggy-back a carbon cartridge on top of the phosphate cartridge or just run carbon!

'How Much?' crowd - you should be able to afford this one. :)

Related Post:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/salt/bio-actif-seasalt-tropic-marins-new-salt-mix-73557.html

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

that looks a cool piece of kit

pretty short on things like that here, cant get most of the items I see advertised when it comes to reactors etc , have checked a few out on the web as Im using my GFO in a cannister (internal) but would like this product and others like it to be available here.

Steve

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  4. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I received this from Tropic Marin today:

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Anyone tried this yet? Thinking of picking it up.

7. mosoliny1987

mosoliny1987 Plankton

Would u please tell me the exact size of the device !! or the total package !!
    cuz i really so soncerned about that but, i couldn't find that info anywhere online
    would u please help me in that !!!

8. Click Here!

9. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

just did a google search myself and your right, cant find the dimensions on any site ( Tropic Marin site included)

hopefully someone else will know but based on scale of images and comparing dimensions of known parts like the adaptor
    I believe the cartridge itself will be 200mm x 90 -100mm - and the pump on top will increase overall height to 270mm

so total size will be about 270mm x 100mm IMO

Steve

10. mosoliny1987

mosoliny1987 Plankton

thnx for ur concern, and i really hope that anyone help me in that !!
    would u plz!

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I know someone at Tropic Marin. I will email them.
    From what I recall from handling it and taking those pics, it was about as wide as a coffee up and there were two versions. One was short - only 4" tall or so, the other was about twice that.

matt

EDIT - he got back to me... we should have an answer on Monday.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  12. mosoliny1987

mosoliny1987 Plankton

I really really appreciate ur help, but why they don't specify what version is selected when adding it to cart in any web site !! i just don't get it !!
    i only found one version !! then what version is that !! the tall one or the short !!
    thank u again and waiting for ur response