Tropic Marin Bio-Actif

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Servillius, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Servillius

Servillius Feather Star

This stuff is just rediculous. I do 1 quart daily water changes on a 60 gallon. I bought a box of this because it's what the store had instead of the usual TM. I did my first 1 quart change last night, I wake up this morning and it's like the polyps on my SPS have developed superpowers. They're all much larder, fuller, and probably because of this, more active in the current.

I thought all those people writing about the difference this made were overhyping... Until today.
  2. Click Here!

3. kv2wr1

kv2wr1 Astrea Snail

Good to hear. i just switched to regular TM and have gotten good results so far. I'll look into the Bio-Actif.
  4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

interesting, i will have to look for this i use the TM pro, i have switched and tried other salts but came back to TM .
    thanks for the heads up on their bio-actif
  5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

6. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

Keep us updated , I use tmpr and have been thinking of trying out the bio-actif.
    Have you tested the params on it?
    If so could you post them?
  7. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

I've been using TM Bio Actif salt for just over 2 months and I believe that I have noticed some positive results so far; particularly with more colour intensity in my Hydnophora (wasdull green and now super bright green), Acroporas and other sps corals. Funny you mention about needing a good skimmer... I haven't noticed any weird foaming coming from my skimmer at all.
  8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have now used it for 2 water changes and it does make my skimmer over flow. i turn my skimmer off for 6 hours after the water change and the skimmer runs fine. i have a swc 120 cone.
    i can say i have tried other salts and always come back to tropic marin brand. normally i use the TM pro. figured i would try this. so far water is crystal clear after water changes and i see no residue. it mixes fast and can be used right away. time will tell if i think its better than the pro. but TM is tops in salt if you ask me.