Tropic Marin Bio-Actif

Discussion in 'Salt' started by Servillius, Feb 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

This stuff is just rediculous. I do 1 quart daily water changes on a 60 gallon. I bought a box of this because it's what the store had instead of the usual TM. I did my first 1 quart change last night, I wake up this morning and it's like the polyps on my SPS have developed superpowers. They're all much larder, fuller, and probably because of this, more active in the current.

I thought all those people writing about the difference this made were overhyping... Until today.

2. Click Here!

3. kv2wr1

kv2wr1 Astrea Snail

Good to hear. i just switched to regular TM and have gotten good results so far. I'll look into the Bio-Actif.

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

interesting, i will have to look for this i use the TM pro, i have switched and tried other salts but came back to TM .
    thanks for the heads up on their bio-actif

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

6. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

Keep us updated , I use tmpr and have been thinking of trying out the bio-actif.
    Have you tested the params on it?
    If so could you post them?

7. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

I've been using TM Bio Actif salt for just over 2 months and I believe that I have noticed some positive results so far; particularly with more colour intensity in my Hydnophora (wasdull green and now super bright green), Acroporas and other sps corals. Funny you mention about needing a good skimmer... I haven't noticed any weird foaming coming from my skimmer at all.

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have now used it for 2 water changes and it does make my skimmer over flow. i turn my skimmer off for 6 hours after the water change and the skimmer runs fine. i have a swc 120 cone.
    i can say i have tried other salts and always come back to tropic marin brand. normally i use the TM pro. figured i would try this. so far water is crystal clear after water changes and i see no residue. it mixes fast and can be used right away. time will tell if i think its better than the pro. but TM is tops in salt if you ask me.