Triplemom's son - couldn't contain myself

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by =Jwin=, Nov 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Could you repeat that in laymans terms? Haha I almost got the jist of it, but then I blanked out. For starters, what's an aqualifter?

And scenario, I'm not quite sure where I want to go yet. Anything airborne captivates me. Heck, I might even switch to aeronautical. I don't know. For starters, I flew Remote Control airplanes for 2.5 years before my funds ran out. I was buying airplanes before I was buying a car...and now I pay for the car and my mom pays for the aquarium, which works out great. My old paychecks don't even amount to what she's spent at one time haha::)

I was pretty into RC planes. Worked at a hobby store, had brushless motors with lipo batteries, Spektrum 2.4 ghz transmitters, 4 channel 3D planes. It taught me so much. I still have the mark on my arm from the lesson learned on remembering to unplug the soldering iron. Better me burning than the house I suppose.;D

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Wait wait wait, hold the phone! I understood! OK, gotcha. I guess it would be a good idea to add on later down the road when I won't be around to start the siphon and it'll be my mom doing it...i'll definately keep that in mind. thanks for the input!

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

The siphon is also useful in power outages.

5. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

do explain John...

6. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Hi Justin! Mom reporting in. The tank looks great - we're having a wonderful time with it. It's my empty nest/midlife crisis project maybe? Is this what you do when you have triplet seniors in high school? Maybe I should have settled for the Ferrari - it would probably be cheaper in the long run. ;D

I'm glad Jwin introduced himself - he's a special son!

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Keeps my siphon going/restarted.

8. Click Here!

9. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I can see that...I remember even when we have unplugged the pump to simply do a test, and air bubbles still managed to find their way to the top of the U tube when the pump was turned on again. It didn't shut off flow, but still restricted it a little, which could lead to problems in the future I'm sure.

We're starting to get some nice growth on the live rock and sand bed now, and even the base rock. I'm not sure if it's bad algae or coraline growth...if it's algae we have a clean up crew on the way so they'll have food when they get here. ;D

Way to tell the world my first name mom...and if you got a Ferrari, I would never let you drive it.

10. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Are first names against the law??? :eek: Do you want to be Jwin for life????

And if I got a Ferrari, I just wouldn't tell you about it. :-X Vroom, vroom.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

You ever think it would be kind of hard to hide something like that? Especially from me, of all people? ;D

And I can hijack this thread if I want to, cause I started it. Muahahahahaha.

12. sessionthree

sessionthree Spaghetti Worm

Hi, Jwin. Welcome to 3reef from a fellow engineer (electrical here) and aeronatical nut (used to be a private pilot, but had to choose which expensive hobbies I would take part in!)