Triplemom's son - couldn't contain myself

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by =Jwin=, Nov 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Well I just couldn't contain myself! I've been researching on this forum, watching my mom post, and letting all of these threads pass me by. But no more! I have arrived, so get ready ;D

Who am I? My name is Justin and I'm an 18 year old highschool senior. I run track (pole vault and 4x400/4x100 relays) and I plan on attending either UT Knoxville or Auburn University and majoring in Aerospace Engineering.

As for our tank, we've been going slowly and the results are coming in. The results being I can't find anything else to work on in the system...so we're stuck staring at the tank instead. Mesmerizing isn't it?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

LOL

Welcome to 3Reef!!!

4. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

Aerospace huh. Im just finishing up mechanical engineering. We share most of the same courses with your major until year 4. Get ready for a lot of equations haha. Just always remember that in essense, everything is derived from a simple law of physics. f=ma

Good luck and welcome to 3reef.

5. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

Awesome, it's nice to see family on the site!!!

Welcome and looking forward to seeing your name on some Space related stuff in the future!!!

-fritts

6. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

hello!! welcome!!:)

I ran track in high school too...there was a kid who vaulted 13', i always wanted to do pole vault but the coach (cool guy) told me i would break the pole...i was better at shot put anyways, that was my "forte"...haha

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I vaulted 12'6" last year. I have earned 3rd and 4th place in the State meet the past two years, along with breaking the school record twice on the 4x400 relay. I pulled a quad muscle last year so I didn't go near as high as I wanted to, and 1 month of physical therapy wasn't exactly a cake walk.

8. Click Here!

9. jeremy_a

jeremy_a Feather Duster

Welcome to 3reef!!

10. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to 3reef!!!!! What do you plan on putting in the tank?

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Well we have the clowns now...hoping to add a Royal Gramma, an anemone of sorts (maybe a bubble tip?), feather duster, zoanthids, frog spawn, a goby or blenny of sorts (firefish?), and a Coral Beauty or Flame Angel.

Actually, our LFS (which is an amazing store. They are awesome.) has a Shrimp and Goby in one of those symbiotic relationships where the shrimp that looks more like a lobster or crayfish is nearly fully blind, but uses a goby to keep watch outside of the burrow. He constantly has a feeler or antennae on the goby, no matter how deep he goes in the burrow. So if the goby darts inside to avoid a predator, the shrimp does as well. In return for the goby keeping watch, the shrimp offers him a home in the burrow and they share food and such. If the LFS has these 2 still in stock come this sunday or monday, we're buying them. That would be such an awesome add on to the tank, we have plenty of burrow location possibilities.

12. telstar

telstar Fire Worm

Welcome to 3reef, lets see some pics.