trip to the lfs

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Fraging Idiot, Jan 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fraging Idiot

Fraging Idiot Astrea Snail

So i broke down and went with the Zoan's. It was a debate, but im glad i did. Loved this rock and it about 6inches and totally covered top and bottom, so didnt really know how to set it in the tank. So about half of them are face down in the sand. Then i found "George" hanging out in the back and had to bring him home as well. Good fishing day.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Wow! Beautiful green zoa's. Wish I had some like that. :-/

Nice fishing!

4. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Nice coral!
    I just got back from the pet shop as well and picked up a Snowflake Eel! My 5 year old daughter wanted it, otherwise I would have gone with the Zebra Eel instead! Oh well, can't argue with a 5 year old...she named her eel Remy!

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

nice corals! very pretty I bet they look really good under actinics!

7. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

LOL, well I guess we all spend our Saturdays at one of our favorite fish stores. We picked up a medium sized bubble coral and a blue linckia...The zoas look great. We picked up fairly large size rock a while back ourselves. I guess the rock is about 9 inches across and is completely encrusted with pink and blue zoas..A couple of yellow throughout. We also have the problem with the bottom being nearly encrusted as well. We have it sorta standing on its side where there is a bit of bare rock..Great looking coral...8)

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

Dude, Baxter....start fraggin the ones underneath and send em to me...I'll pay shipping!!!;D

10. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I have considered fragging the ones underneath...LOL...haven't got to that point yet....8)

11. Fraging Idiot

Fraging Idiot Astrea Snail

I would totally be up for some of those frags, pink ones are the best to me just havnt seen any, and come on who doesnt like blue. I will work on the zos under the actinic lights its quite impressive. I look at eels but i am only working on the 29 gallon and want to make sure there is enough room for one. i dont do fish so i think it would work well once i get a bigger tank going. the LFs by my work in princeton has some buble coral, i just dont see the draw to it. Maybe because this is the only live i have seen, but it just looks dirty to me. Im sure im just sheltered though. ive also thought about fragging off the bottom just not real sure how to do it with out removing the rock. really not enough rock to do it. is there a way without removing rock? my next buy, hammer coral, love it, but i want green and havnt seen any worth the price. thanks for the replies guys.

12. cuttingras

wow are on caffeine tonight or off our meds LOL I had to read that 3 times LOL make bigger spaces between comments so us old folks can keep up :LOL: