Tri-color Valida Growth Pics!

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by vankirk, Jun 27, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

I got 3 sps frags back in Jan 2011. This one plus a purple smoke monti cap survived my 1 1/2 year algae battle. The purple tip acro didn't make. :(
    Here are some growth pics.
    1. is when I got it Jan 2011
    2. is from Sept 2011 ~ 8 months
    3. is from Mar 2012 ~ 14 months
    4. is from June 2012 ~ 17 months
    5. is from last night I tried to get a top down shot.

The front pics don't show the colors of the purple in the tips. The top down shows it better but it came out blueish? It was so blah looking when I had the extra phosphates in the water. So happy when the tips started to purple up a few months back.

Anyway, I happy it survived the tough year and is growing faster everyday.;D

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

Good progression shots, did the purple tips develop later, or did they just not show in the pics?

4. vankirk

vankirk Sea Dragon

For the first 12 months it only encrusted then after about a year it started to grow vertically. The purple finally came as the tips reached 1/2"ish.
    I can't seem to get the color to show in a front view picture, the top down picture has color but it's not that blue looking. It's really more of a lavender shad.

5. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Nice! I have a Northwoods tri-color that has really good growth also, I never been a big fan of SPS Corals, but i am growing to be very fond of them.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Great progression shots, most coral look best from above unfortunately.