Torch still looking bad

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by ShawnsTank, Feb 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ShawnsTank

ShawnsTank Fire Worm

So my torch was looking great the first few weeks I had it. Then this little white feather duster like vein started growing on one side. So i thought sweet its growing a new head already! Unfortunatly as this white thing got larger, that side of the torch got worse. So last week i broke this white thing off hoping it would get back to normal. And it almost seems like its trying to recover. The 20 or so torches that are on the bad side are trying to inflate and look alive again but there is still skeleton showing slightly around the edges. By the way the other side of the torch looks great! I dont want the other side to become like this also so what can i do? Just wait it out? I dont have any pics of it tonight because comp is being wierd. But heres it 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago, then the night before i broke off the white thing.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. exoticsteve2001

exoticsteve2001 Feather Duster

The feather dusters are non aggresive.Shouldnt have bothered it at all.Maybe to much flow or another issue?

4. ShawnsTank

ShawnsTank Fire Worm

hmm. Not flow cause it was in same position when it started deterierating. Then i moved it to a different spot so each side would get equal light. So if its not the feather duster or flow its gotta be water chemisty or lighting. I havent done anythig with the lighting other then turn it around once its got bad. Testing water now...

5. exoticsteve2001

exoticsteve2001 Feather Duster

I spend alot of time moving corals around to find the spot they are happy.And I stay on top of my water chemistry.

6. abushr

abushr Plankton

Do you feed it? If I remember correctly torch, frogspawn, hammers are all related. I target feed mine (hammer, frogspawn) mysis shrimp once a week-- and they are all fat & happy.

7. ShawnsTank

ShawnsTank Fire Worm

Yeah i think im going to move the torch soon.
    Alk-8
    Mg-1440
    Ca- 460
    pH-8.3
    SG-1.027

8. Click Here!

9. ShawnsTank

ShawnsTank Fire Worm

Yea unfortunatly i only have one shrimp in my tank so i feed him twice a week and the corals then also

10. crazy reef love

crazy reef love Skunk Shrimp

I wouldn't worry about it to much. Just move him around and see were he is most happy.