torch not doin well

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by ollie51, Apr 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ollie51

ollie51 Feather Duster

i put a torch in one of my tanks that is 90% lps i have a bubble the size of a watermelon hammer and frogspawn almost as big they have been in for years i acclimated the torch and set it 3/4 up this tank has 4 54 watt t5 setup 1st day i noticed 1 branch wilting away and this morning another going i bought it from a wholesaler who had it under led lighting mostly atinic from what i could see not all that familar w/led could the switch from lighting affect the coral like this it has plenty of flow all parimeters are good nothing else in tank is different most are amazing as far as health and growth i have a sps tank w/250 watt mh wondering if i should put it in there to try and save it or would that be to much or just let it go

2. Click Here!

3. Nyraider30

Nyraider30 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

You can keep the torch coral near or at the bottom of the tank..I would try it just to see

4. BC_Reefer

BC_Reefer Guest

I would move it to the sanded. That's a lot of light for a torch.

5. ollie51

ollie51 Feather Duster

i really didnt think that was a lot of light but this is the first t5 set up i used only had it for about 1.5 years will try moving it down thanks

6. krisleo

krisleo Astrea Snail

I would definitely move it down to the sand bed, make sure it's getting decent flow too.

7. Doratus

Doratus Teardrop Maxima Clam

Correct grammar helps me help you.

8. Click Here!

9. CharlotteReefer

CharlotteReefer Coral Banded Shrimp

My torch must be different, Ive had him at the top of my tank since i got it. But I guess he was acclimated slowly when I got the new lights