Torch growing a new head

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Apr 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I've had this torch for a few months now, and it was pretty much bleached and not doing good at all. Still dont know the exact name of the torch but it has green tips and short tenticles. My camera is HORRIBLE and washes out my torch but the tips are a nice green. But im so happy my corals are growing, ive got my candy cane starting to split and now my torch is starting to grow a second head :D

i hate me camera :angry:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Awesome Tracy!!! Your corals are very happy!

1 person likes this.
  4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

im glad they are because i dont add anything to the tank, all i do is keep up with my water changes :D and thats what im going to keep on doing because obviously the corals are very happy :D

5. Dobrzemetal

Dobrzemetal Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

you know looking at those pics it kinda resembles a frogspawn with the short stubby tentacles and all.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

think it might be a young frogspawn?

this is a horrible and older picture but its coming out of the wood like thing, i have no idea what its called but i think ive seen a torch similar to this, again sorry for the washed out pic, my camera sucks
    [​IMG]

7. Dobrzemetal

Dobrzemetal Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

im no expert but you might have a blue frogspawn, i mean if you compare a torch and a frog side by side i'de say you def have a frogspawn judging by the tentacles shape, although looks like yours is a rare blue one. congrats on growing a new head too, by this time next year you will probably have a whole softball size colony or bigger

8. Click Here!

9. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

If the tentacles have a majority of splits and not straights, it's frogspawn, as I understand it. It seems yours has only a few tentacles with many splits, so I'd say FS too.

Grats on the head splitting too!

10. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

frogspawn/ torch/ hammer corals are euphyllia . but that is a torch . frogspawns will have more branching even when "young" , as well as brightly colored tips.

congrats on yours splitting. keep it up, that thing will be huge in no time.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid