Torch Coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by pks4life420, Aug 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

ok Ive been doing research on LPS corals.......Come to find out an acquaintance of mine has a torch coral and says I can just have it......I had him email me pics of it.....what does everyone think about the health of this guy?;D.......any other comments are welcome too(care,position,flow,ect) I find many different suggestions where to place him...what do you guys think.....I also add a pic of my whole tank.......had to upload it to photobucket then put the url in....it wouldnt let me direct from my comp....anyways here what ya think

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

picture didnt show up brotha! torchs like decent flow i have mine mid way up to bottom of the tank. I also spot feed mine mysis and brine.

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Was there supposed to be a pic in that post? :)

As for flow, torches; like the other euphyllias like slow to moderate flow, enough to make the tentacles move so waste can be rinsed from the coral--but not so much that they look like a palm tree in a hurricane.

For position, you can start lower to mid-tank, and go up from there until you find the sweet spot. Care and feeding--they're mostly photosynthetic, but will not turn down brine or mysis, or chopped meaty foods.

5. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

bump.....sorry the pics wasnt uploading right

6. ReefSparky

There they are! That's a nice fleshy looking torch. Given proper care, it'll look even better. :)

7. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

what is the empty side on the sec pic

8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

That's the bone structure, or skeleton from which the fleshy part emanates. It's not uncommon to see corals with dead sections. If all goes well, in a couple of years' time it will be hidden by new branches of growth with longer and meatier flesh growing out of them.

1 person likes this.
  10. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

nice looking torch, I always liked the purple ones with green tips.

~Will.