Torch Coral whiplashed by Koralia

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by crustytheclown, Jan 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

I have my torch close to a Koralia 1. The tentacles are getting really long and a few seem to be stretching up into the stream from the Koralia. Is this going to be a bad thing? I was also thinking of moving this coral from my 14gal to my 29 gal, because right now it seems to be getting lower levels of light since its on the bottom third of the tank. My 29gal has alot more space for this coral and much more options of levels of lighting.:cry::-/:cheesy:

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

torchs dont really want or need a heavy flow by them. sounds like its gonna be better in the 29 . light flow is better for them.

4. crustytheclown

cool when i move this coral. do i just bag it up and float it in the other tank like getting new coral?

5. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I dont think a K1 is "high flow" by any means. Its probably just sweeper tentacles looking for anything nearby encroaching on its turf to sting.

~Will.

6. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Mine seems to love the higher flow in my tank..... When it was in a very low flow area it looked anemic but now it's quite plush.

7. crustytheclown

i dont think its a sweeper, but here is a pic of it! Sorry my actinics are on thats it/
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Definitely looks like one.

10. crustytheclown

does the coral look ok, to you guys? I am nervous on moving it to a different tank now?
    I have heard mixed things. Some say leave them on the bottom of the tank> I am using power compacts for lighting and it has slowly but surely been losing heads?