Tooo much flow from new Hydors

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by lillys Grandad, Feb 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

just worried that it would over stress the motor, i've heard things about you can slow intake but slowing output can cause issues, be it pumps or powerheads.

it's time to do my 2-3month 50% WC on my 35g Planted FW Mated Angelfish Pair(female is a black veiled the male is a koi) So when I fill up my buckets I will play around with my Koralia 1050 and see what happens. As long as it doesn't make that friggin' noise I have a perfect spot in my Biocube for it. But TBH I don't think it's necessary at this point, I've already purchased the JBJ Oceanstream 2x500 w/ Wavemaker setup >.< Probably should've just picked up a MP10 and would've been done with it lol.

2. Click Here!

3. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

ya just gotta try chit out ...if you think its gonna put too much drag on it...dont do it...you'll be able to tell. 8)

1 person likes this.
  4. jcoreyblack

jcoreyblack Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Vert nice review, youre defantly making me rethink the wavemaker I had in mind.

5. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

cool..These are just my views and opinions..Be sure you check out all options before you do any upgrades...SO many options and twice that many
    opinions !! LOL 8) I really enjoy the whole process...which makes it so much easier. : )